Thrifty Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please Help Keep This Site Online
Latest topics
» Great freebie deals!
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm by princessdebra

» Dunhill Fragrance for Men
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm by princessdebra

» To our guests ...
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:47 pm by princessdebra

» Better then Ears Dog treat
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 am by Andrea

» Money Saving Tips
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 12:03 am by Diva Jennifer

» Mail Call ~ Tell us what you got!
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 am by Diva Jennifer

» sample of Pull-ups
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 am by Diva Jennifer

» Aveeno Nourish shampoo & conditioner sample
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:08 am by Diva Jennifer

» sample of Zyrtec
Do you like to read? Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 am by Diva Jennifer

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Thrifty Divas on your social bookmarking website

Do you like to read?

+2
Diva Cassie
Diva Jennifer
6 posters

Go down

Do you like to read? Empty Do you like to read?

Post by Diva Jennifer Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 am

I LOVE to read, I average 6-7 books a month, if not more. I started a blog so that I could help myself remember exactly what I've read this year alone.

So with that said do you buy your books?

I REFUSE! They are so expensive! And to me that is just wasting money when I'd have to pass them along or something once I read them for lack of space to keep them all. GO to the library!! Save that money!!

I can even log onto my libraries web page, search for the titles I want, request them to be held for me, notified when they are available for pick up and just drop in and pick them up. This way I make sure it's worth my gas money to drive there too. :D

IF you have to buy your books, just can't help yourself look for used bookstores in your area. Usually you can 'trade' what you have for what they have at a discount. Go purchase some cheaply, read them return with them for a discount to use on your next purchase.
OR check out places like paperbackswap.com where you post your books and mail them to a requester then find titles you want to read, request them and wait for them to appear!! There are more rules there so make sure you read the FAQ first :tongue:
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 643
Diva Bling :
Do you like to read? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you like to read? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Do you like to read? Empty Re: Do you like to read?

Post by Diva Cassie Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:20 am

I love to read!

I generally get my books at half.com. Me, my Mom, and my aunt all pass our books around. I have went to the library, but I don't go much any more. Who has time?
Diva Cassie
Diva Cassie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1972
Diva Bling :
Do you like to read? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do you like to read? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : Do you like to read? Spaced

https://thriftydivas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Jennifer Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:40 am

Admin wrote:I love to read!

I generally get my books at half.com. Me, my Mom, and my aunt all pass our books around. I have went to the library, but I don't go much any more. Who has time?

That is one reason I like to go to their site online, find the books I want (if they are at a different branch I can request they be sent to the one where I want to pick them up)then wait to see them in my account as available or for the email to arrive, then all I have to do is go in and pick them up, in and out.
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Diva Bling :
Do you like to read? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you like to read? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Sheila Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:15 pm

I love to read, I just don't have time. *sigh*

Plus, reading for an extended period of time is hard with my glasses. Trying to be cute and all, and needing to wear bi-focals, I really should have gotten glasses with more "glass". I get a crook in my neck trying to see out of the "right" part of my stupid glasses!
Diva Sheila
Diva Sheila

Number of posts : 15
Diva Bling :

Back to top Go down

Post by sheryllyn Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 am

I love to read and usually have a book with me wherever I go. I tgry not to buy new books but sometimes I can't wait for the library to get it. I ran across a great website to trade gently used books. It's called Paperback swap. I've been a member there for about a year. Jennifer also told me about a cool site to keep track of what you are reading what you have read & what your friends are reading. Here are the links to both sites.

Paperback Swap

Shelfari
sheryllyn
sheryllyn

Number of posts : 9
Diva Bling :

Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Jennifer Thu May 01, 2008 4:58 am

I remember you telling me about paperback swap. I even checked it out but since I don't buy books I had nothing to swap with to begin with. I might have to see what I have laying around here (although I just cleaned out a bunch I know) and try it out.
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Diva Bling :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Marianne Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:55 pm

I love to read and read 4-6 books a month.
Diva Marianne
Diva Marianne

Number of posts : 4
Diva Bling :

Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://www.safeharbourpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:04 am

I always read. My dh laughs at me because I read so much. And if I don't read before bed, I have a hard time going to sleep.

I rarely buy a new book. I have gone thru all the Christian fiction here at our TINY library and have found I can go to the librarys in the other towns with my card. Dance So now I am going thru theres. If I find books and rummage sales andthey are not costly I will git those also.

Love to read!!!!!!!!! grin
Andrea
Andrea

Number of posts : 20
Diva Bling :

Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down