Thrifty Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please Help Keep This Site Online
Latest topics
» Great freebie deals!
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm by princessdebra

» Dunhill Fragrance for Men
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm by princessdebra

» To our guests ...
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:47 pm by princessdebra

» Better then Ears Dog treat
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 am by Andrea

» Money Saving Tips
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 12:03 am by Diva Jennifer

» Mail Call ~ Tell us what you got!
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 am by Diva Jennifer

» sample of Pull-ups
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 am by Diva Jennifer

» Aveeno Nourish shampoo & conditioner sample
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:08 am by Diva Jennifer

» sample of Zyrtec
The Grocery Game Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 am by Diva Jennifer

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Thrifty Divas on your social bookmarking website

The Grocery Game

2 posters

Go down

The Grocery Game Empty The Grocery Game

Post by Diva Cassie Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 am

I am loving this! If you choose to sign up, please use my email (prissanna@hotmail.com) as a referral. http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ The first month is $1 and then after that it is $10 for 8 weeks.

I took this info from another website. It describes how the game works.

When playing The Grocery Game (TGG), you do not clip the coupons until you need them. It is such a time saver. Each week, I take the inserts out of the paper, write the date on the front of each packet, and file a week’s worth into a section of my expandable file folder.

Another option is to use a notebook with plastic sleeves or folders and file the coupons that way.

You simply go to TGG and subscribe to the store of your choice. Stores that double coupons are Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods and Kroger. You can subscribe to more stores. The extra fee is only $5 every 8 weeks.

Each week, Teri’s list gives you a nice chart to help you shop. The list gives you which item is on sale, the regular price, the sale price, which coupon it is that you should use, the date, which section the coupon comes from (Smart Source, Valassis, Proctor & Gamble, etc.), the final price you’ll pay after your coupon, and the percentage you save. I love buying things that are 50% off or more!

Another good thing about the list is that it’s color coded. The things listed in blue are items to stock up on and the green items are free. To save on ink and paper, you click on the items that you want printed, or if you choose you can print out the entire list.

One thing I don’t like about the list is that the new list isn’t released until Sunday. As you know, most stores start their ads on Wednesdays so you only have Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday to use the list before the new sale starts.

1) Watch your cashier ring up your coupons! I hate to be a jerk, but I only give them about 3-4 coupons at a time. I give them the ones that will double first. The reason for this is because some cashiers don’t care and others get in such a hurry that if the coupon doesn’t scan, they keep on going. If I give them only 3-4 coupons, then I can watch and make sure they get doubled.

2) Know your store’s coupon rules. Lowe’s Foods will double 20 coupons that have a face value of .99 or less.

3) The first introductory month for TGG is only $1. After that, it’s $10 every 8 weeks for one store.

4) Getting referrals at The Grocery Game can earn you free weeks. For every 3 referrals, you can get 8 free weeks. Your referrals need to enter your email address for you to get credit. So, if you do decide to join, please use my email address prissanna@hotmail.com Thanks!

5) If you have a large family, then subscribe to two papers so that you can get more coupons. Or ask your neighbor if they need their coupons.

The idea is to stockpile when groceries are at their lowest price. That way you don't pay premium for items that you use.
Diva Cassie
Diva Cassie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1972
Diva Bling :
The Grocery Game Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Grocery Game Right_bar_bleue

Mood : The Grocery Game Spaced
Registration date : 2008-04-16

https://thriftydivas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Grocery Game Empty Re: The Grocery Game

Post by Diva Jennifer Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 am

Are you still using this and loving it?

I have gotten so used to doing ALL of my shopping at Wal-Mart AND our kroger's is always so crowded, so slow checking out etc. that I can't bring myself to shop there regularly. I probably could if I could find these awesome deals but I just don't know if I have it in me...to do all the work ;)
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 643
Diva Bling :
The Grocery Game Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Grocery Game Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The Grocery Game Empty Re: The Grocery Game

Post by Diva Cassie Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 pm

I am still doing this, but I am considering quitting. I still go to the grocery store every week and will keep doing that (before TGG I went once a month). I love saving the coupons. I am a participant in a coupon train. Sometimes I get good coupons and sometimes not.

PM me if you want to know more.
Diva Cassie
Diva Cassie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1972
Diva Bling :
The Grocery Game Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Grocery Game Right_bar_bleue

Mood : The Grocery Game Spaced

https://thriftydivas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down