Thrifty Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please Help Keep This Site Online
Latest topics
» Great freebie deals!
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm by princessdebra

» Dunhill Fragrance for Men
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 pm by princessdebra

» To our guests ...
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:47 pm by princessdebra

» Better then Ears Dog treat
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 am by Andrea

» Money Saving Tips
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 12:03 am by Diva Jennifer

» Mail Call ~ Tell us what you got!
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 am by Diva Jennifer

» sample of Pull-ups
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 am by Diva Jennifer

» Aveeno Nourish shampoo & conditioner sample
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:08 am by Diva Jennifer

» sample of Zyrtec
What do you do to save money? Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 am by Diva Jennifer

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Thrifty Divas on your social bookmarking website

What do you do to save money?

3 posters

Go down

What do you do to save money? Empty What do you do to save money?

Post by Diva Jennifer Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:22 am

Is there something you're NOT willing to do to save money?
I'll confess I used to not care about shampoo & conditioner (when we were really broke) but anymore I buy the one that is a little more expensive then the .98 a bottle Shocked If I have to use twice or triple as much to clean my hair and make it look good then I'm not saving much money am I?

I do buy ALOT of store brand products and most things I don't mind going generic on to save money.
We read the newspaper online rather then pay for a subscription and I try to use coupons while shopping so I usually go through what's left of my mom's Sunday paper. But there are so few good coupons in there anymore that the subscription doesn't even pay for itself.

So what do you do? Maybe we can make the other realize something that we could be doing to save money!
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 643
Diva Bling :
What do you do to save money? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do you do to save money? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

What do you do to save money? Empty Re: What do you do to save money?

Post by Andrea Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:54 am

I use coupons when I have them, mostly buy generic (when dh can handle it) Somethings I have to buy name brands or he SWEARS they are different. :roll: I do agree something are better name brand, but the majority it doesn't make much of a difference.

Right now with gas I do not make any extra trips to town then I have to. Round trip is $5 and that is just from here to church/school. If I go anywhere else it can add up fast. During school, I am going in 6 days a week. So during the summer, I am trying 3 days.
Andrea
Andrea

Number of posts : 20
Diva Bling :
What do you do to save money? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What do you do to save money? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Jennifer Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 pm

I use coupons too when I can find them. They seem to be scarce in the papers anymore it's mostly ads for ordering stuff!! And IF I can get a store brand for cheaper then the name brand with coupon I'll still buy the store brand, most of the time. There are a few things that I want namebrand on too.
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Diva Bling :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Cassie Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 am

That's what I do too Jennifer. I save coupons, but if the storebrand is cheaper, I buy it as long as it's not mayo or ketchup or toilet paper. I do have some standards. :P
Diva Cassie
Diva Cassie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1972
Diva Bling :
What do you do to save money? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100What do you do to save money? Right_bar_bleue

Mood : What do you do to save money? Spaced

https://thriftydivas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diva Jennifer Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:23 am

Diva Cassie wrote:That's what I do too Jennifer. I save coupons, but if the storebrand is cheaper, I buy it as long as it's not mayo or ketchup or toilet paper. I do have some standards. :P

I bought a 'off' brand name of toliet paper at Sam's Club a while back ( we're down to the last 4 pack) I'm not sure if it was their brand and I can't remember the name of it but you know what? It's just as good as the Charmin that was sitting beside it for quite a bit less!! :P

Ketchup I used to buy store brand and Jason made a comment one time so it's back to Heinz for us on that one too.

And I don't buy bottle water, well once in a blue moon if we're having a reunion or something like that coming up. But we have filtered water through our fridge so I just put that with some ice or half full then freeze it in a reusable sports bottle and that's the same effect :)
Diva Jennifer
Diva Jennifer
Admin
Admin

Diva Bling :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down